My name is Michelle Tatum. I am a wife, and a mom of 2 incredible kids! I love traveling. For me, traveling is about seeing beautiful places and experiencing new things. If you are like me… vacation offers precious family time! I love that during these trips we focus on our family …. I believe escapes from the hustle of everyday life are necessary for the overall well-being of a person, couple, or family. Getting away recharges our batteries and allows us the opportunity to create lasting bonds and memories together. That is why my focus is on family vacations and couple “rejuvenating” trips. I feel it is important for couples to spend time together in addition to family vacations.
Michelle has traveled extensively across the U.S. including Hawaii and abroad to places like Israel, Canada, Egypt, Italy, Caribbean and Mexico. She has been planning vacations for family and friends for the last 20 years and decided to turn her passion into a second career. Before starting a career in travel, Michelle worked for over 20 years as an Office Manager/Controller. She is meticulous in planning, considerate of your needs and interests, and enthusiastic about every opportunity to make your vacation a success. Michelle says, “I enjoy planning vacations for clients, because I believe vacations as so important”. The thrill of planning starts with finding the best value for the perfect trip. After her clients’ return from their trip, she always enjoys hearing all about their experiences.
Travel Industry Experience…
Michelle specializes in all types of Vacations – from adventure like scuba diving and skiing, Romantic getaways such as honeymoon and anniversary, single and group Cruises, family trips like Disney Vacations, and All-Inclusive Resorts. She is certified in many resorts and destinations. She is noted as a Certified Sandals Specialist, a graduate from Disney’s College of Knowledge (Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney, Aluani – Hawaii), Universal, SeaWorld, and Lego Land programs. Michelle is persistently expanding her knowledge of the travel Industry, resorts, and Disney through online classes, and seminars. Michelle is soaking in as much information as she can, so she can pass it on to you!
How I can help you…
I can make your travel experience a great one by working with you to plan your dream vacation. After learning a little about what type of traveler you are, I can help you choose the best destination, cruise, resort, and tours that best meet YOUR individual needs. Not all travelers are the same, and you want the BEST vacation for you and your family. I am available to you before, during and after your trip, and will provide you with expertise, special travel tips, and individual service and attention. I will tailor your vacation to meet your personal needs ...whether you want days packed full of activities and adventure OR rest and relaxation.
I work with the most reputable and reliable wholesalers, resorts, and cruise lines. You won’t have to worry about the stability or safety of any destination or resort that I recommend.
**My services are at No cost to you! Let me help make your vacation as stress-free as possible!!!
Contact me to start planning your trip today…
www.GoVacationGuru.com By Phone at (205) 516-8224 or email me at email@example.com
My favorite vacation…. It is so hard to pick just one. Every trip has cherished memories. Here are just a few:
• Walking on the streets in Israel where Jesus once walked and swimming in the Dead Sea. Eating amazing Italian food and visiting the Catacombs, Coliseum and Trevi Fountain in Rome. Being amazed at Petra in Jordan – city built into the mountainside and the beauty of the rock colors.
• Missing a 6.5 earthquake on our first day on the Island of Oahu because my husband was enjoying driving a jeep ☺ on the way to see Pearl Harbor. Eating the most delicious rotisserie chicken on the North Shore from a food truck. I learned the importance of always carrying a little cash on you at all times.
• Learning that the green trails in Canada are NOT the same as on the foothills of WV on our 2nd ski trip. Once we got use to it, Lake Louise was the longest and best skiing trip we have ever done – twice!!
• Watching my son (Age 3 at the time) fall in love with Shamu at SeaWorld.
• The excitement on our children’s faces on our first trip to Disney World. It truly is a WORLD of it’s own.
• Riding a camel, going into a pyramid and visiting the Sphinx in Egypt while on our honeymoon.
• My first all inclusive trip to a beautiful adults only luxury resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico with my husband. It was our first time away from the kiddos and by far the most relaxing five days of my life!!!!
• My 40th birthday celebration with my husband and best friends. We zip lined, rappelled, snorkeled and just enjoyed hanging out together on the beautiful white sand beaches of our all-inclusive resort in Mexico.
• Inviting my mother-in-law to join us on a family trip to NYC (her first visit) and experiencing the awe of the 4th of July fireworks together. My daughter saying “now that’s what I’m talking about!!!” while sitting on her daddy’s shoulders watching the fireworks.
• Meeting lifelong friends (who live several states away) on our first cruise – Carnival Conquest. Sailed just after hurricane Katina relocated our port from New Orleans to Galveston, TX and almost having Hurricane Rita change it on us again…
Episode | March 10th, 2020 | 40 mins 29 secs
active travel, adults only all inclusive, adventure travel, all-inclusive resorts, dominican republic, group travel, luxury travel, play resorts, punta cana, travel, travel agent, travel agent interview, travel professional, wanderlust
Let's explore the Playa Hotels and Resorts of the Dominican Republic, family and adults only options!
Episode | January 27th, 2020 | 34 mins 31 secs
bahamas, caribbean, castaway cay, castaway key, cruises, cruising, disney 5k, disney cruise, disney cruise line, disney parks, disneyland, disneyworld, family travel, group travel, jamaica, mexico, river cruising, travel, travel agent, travel agent interview, travel professional, walt disney
(Companion Video Highlights available in show notes and YouTube) What makes a Disney Cruise Distinct? Is it a good value you for the investment? Disney enthusiast and Travel Planner Michelle Tatum tells all!
Episode | September 18th, 2017 | 21 mins 51 secs
big island, corn, embarrassing family moments, hawaii, megan chapa, michelle tatum, oahu, swimming, travel agent, travel agent interview
Megan and Michelle talk about a clever gadget for water lovers and move on to Michelle favorite vacation spot Hawaii! The episode concludes with an experimental segment - a master question for Megan!