Mt. Everest Base Camp, A Surprisingly Achievable Bucket List Expedition
After interviewing Karl Nessler (bio and contact info by clicking his guest profile up top) I am convinced that choosing your expedition guide carefully is of utmost importance when hiking to Mt. Everest base camp. Without reserve I can say that Karl Nessler embodies the proper proportions of first hand experience, cultural knowledge, wilderness skills and a genuine love for people both Nepalese and tourists.
Hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp your body and mind will be taxed and tested. Choose a guide that is invested in you and aware of the processes you are experiencing. Karl has a 100% success rate to date. You will understand why after listening today.
You can accomplish this trek. Karl might just be the guide for you!
Topics in Episode Include:
- Karl's first experiences on Mt. Everest
- Experiencing the avalanche and aftermath in 2014
- Experiencing the earthquake of 2015 on the glacier
- Karl's commitment to Elevate Nepal, a charity rebuilding villages in and around Mt. Everest (Play to see Karl in action and the beautiful community he is working hard to rebuild.)
- Summiting Mt. Everest
- How to acclimation works in preparing to climb to the summit of Mt. Everest
- Descending (Megan's version less technical... throw that bag down the Mt!)
- Hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Premium Inclusions in the trips Karl leads
- Anywhere gear and inclusions
- Transportation to include flights in, hiking with Yaks and a helicopter descent
- Local Cultural and religious Interactions
- A conservative approach to acclimation
- Who is this trip for? Can you go with a heart condition? Physical ailments?
- Sherpa vs Porter? Why you should use one
- Karl's role beyond leading guests to the base camp
- What surprises hikers about the trek?
- What motivates hikers?
- Past client's testimony blogs
- Training (see links on "long-ass walks with backpacks" below)
- Elevate Nepal, Inc. | Ongoing Earthquake Relief Efforts
- Mount Everest Base Camp 2018/19 Trek — Link to Karl's guided summit trek of Mt. Everest. TWO spots left for the FALL 2019: OCT 5TH - OCT 20TH trek!
- 'Perspective Is Everything,' An Anywhere Client Story | Anywhere Blog — Beating depression Conquering the mountain Taking a mark A touching article on how trekking Mt. Everest changed a man's life with a heartfelt thank you to guide Karl Nessler. Make sure you scroll to the bottom to see the completed tattoo.
- How To: Train to Trek to Everest Base Camp | Anywhere Blog — The short answer? Long-ass walks with backpacks. It is a mental game—prepare to be uncomfortable at times.
- Kristen Bor's Blog Coverage — Kristen's experience hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp with Karl including female gear packing lists and more.