Mt. Everest Base Camp, A Surprisingly Achievable Bucket List Expedition
After interviewing Karl Nessler (bio and contact info by clicking his guest profile up top) I am convinced that choosing your expedition guide carefully is of utmost importance when hiking to Mt. Everest base camp. Without reserve I can say that Karl Nessler embodies the proper proportions of first hand experience, cultural knowledge, wilderness skills and a genuine love for people both Nepalese and tourists.
Hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp your body and mind will be taxed and tested. Choose a guide that is invested in you and aware of the processes you are experiencing. Karl has a 100% success rate to date. You will understand why after listening today.
You can accomplish this trek. Karl might just be the guide for you!
Topics in Episode Include:
- Karl's first experiences on Mt. Everest
- Experiencing the avalanche and aftermath in 2014
- Experiencing the earthquake of 2015 on the glacier
Karl's commitment to Elevate Nepal, a charity rebuilding villages in and around Mt. Everest (Play to see Karl in action and the beautiful community he is working hard to rebuild.)
Summiting Mt. Everest
How to acclimation works in preparing to climb to the summit of Mt. Everest
Descending (Megan's version less technical... throw that bag down the Mt!)
Hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp
Premium Inclusions in the trips Karl leads
Anywhere gear and inclusions
Transportation to include flights in, hiking with Yaks and a helicopter descent
Local Cultural and religious Interactions
A conservative approach to acclimation
Who is this trip for? Can you go with a heart condition? Physical ailments?
Sherpa vs Porter? Why you should use one
Karl's role beyond leading guests to the base camp
What surprises hikers about the trek?
What motivates hikers?
Past client's testimony blogs
Training (see links on "long-ass walks with backpacks" below)
Can't make the trek? How about a private helicopter tour?
- Elevate Nepal, Inc. | Ongoing Earthquake Relief Efforts
- Mount Everest Base Camp 2018/19 Trek — Link to Karl's guided summit trek of Mt. Everest. TWO spots left for the FALL 2019: OCT 5TH - OCT 20TH trek!
- 'Perspective Is Everything,' An Anywhere Client Story | Anywhere Blog — Beating depression Conquering the mountain Taking a mark A touching article on how trekking Mt. Everest changed a man's life with a heartfelt thank you to guide Karl Nessler. Make sure you scroll to the bottom to see the completed tattoo.
- How To: Train to Trek to Everest Base Camp | Anywhere Blog — The short answer? Long-ass walks with backpacks. It is a mental game—prepare to be uncomfortable at times.
- Kristen Bor's Blog Coverage — Kristen's experience hiking to Mt. Everest Base Camp with Karl including female gear packing lists and more.
- Travel Radio Podcast - YouTube — Travel Radio Podcast is on YouTube! Please like and subscribe!