Keith's Parting Toast:
There are big ships,
There are small ships,
But the Best Ships and are FRIENDSHIPS!
Did Keith have a glass of wine while we interviewed? I bet yes!
Don't light a match - this episode is soaked in glorious wine talk. To quote Keith, "The answer is WINE". Learn about Keith and Martha Powell's niche travel offerings, wine cruises and land tours. 2017 is SOLD OUT but 2018's offerings are about to be published. Take a listen and if this is the type of travel you crave - don't hesitate of you will miss the boat! Literally, you will miss it.
These cruises are hosted by the Powell's on Holland American Line Cruise Ships. Keith describes a typical day on a Wine Maker's Cruise (amazing, naps needed). Martha recounts her farm to table meal experience on board HAL and the fresh herbs grown on ship.
Wine enthusiasts and culinary travel fans alike will enjoy this episode.
- Wine Makers Cruise Website — Interested in joining Keith and Martha for a fantastic WINE ADVENTURE!? This is the cruise for you! These trips sell out quickly. If you miss out on one don't be sad, they always plan new ones! Give them a quick call or email to see if they have one in the works. You can get on the list before they even publish the details to their website! Alaska Holland America Sailing July 29-August 5, 2017 - Departing roundtrip from Seattle 7 Day cruise - 4 Majestic Ports of Call
- Wine Maker's Cruise Facebook Page
- Black's Smugglers Winery — One of the featured wineries on the Alaska Wine Maker's Cruise! We are a small winery in Bosque, New Mexico. Located 18 miles northeast of the Ladron or “Thief” Mountains, this area was notorious in the 18th century for being a Smuggler's refuge. These hills have long served as a hideout for bandits and thieves, and local folklore is steeped in the tales of these men; tales of outlaw adventures and treasures stashed in mysterious caves. It is within riding distance of these “Thief Mountains" where Black’s Smuggler began.
- Black Mesa Winery — One of the wineries featured on the 2017 Alaskan Wine Maker's Cruise! At Black Mesa Winery we are proud to use only New Mexico grown grapes for our wines. We work with the greatest diversity of grape sources of any winery in the state. Some of our proprietary growers' vineyards only produce a few bins of fruit per year. Our partnerships are with more than a dozen vineyards statewide, from the most Northerly commercial vineyard in Abiquiu, New Mexico, to the "boot heel" outside El Paso in Las Cruces. We contract with New Mexico's finest vineyards for their most coveted fruit. These vineyards are often times the sole source of a chosen varietal and we retain first right of refusal of their exclusive produce.
- Travel Radio Podcast - YouTube — Travel Radio Podcast is on YouTube! Please like and subscribe!