“Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
This quote would be even better if it said, "Leave the place better than you found it." We all travel for a purpose. Let's all travel WITH PURPOSE!
On this episode we explore VERY EASY things you can do to help local peoples without changing the pace or purpose of your trip.
Get authentic local experience through responsible accomodations
Reducing or Offsetting your carbon footprint while transporting to your destination
Interacting with local wildlife responsibly
Voluntourism opitons (Habitat For Humanity and Peace Corps)
How to interact with children
Easy ways to take make an impact on vacation
Organizations we like to bring medical and school supplies into countries in need (Not Just Tourists, Pack For a Purpose and Sandals Foundation)
- GOODTRAVELS.ORG — About Good Travels Advisors Good Travels Advisors are trained by Tourism Cares—the philanthropic community of the travel and tourism industry—and are supported by an online course, ongoing training, and a learning community of hundreds of travel agents. Endorsed by the World Tourism Organization and designed with the help of nonprofits The Travel Institute and the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA), with support from IATAN and other Tourism Care networks.
- Pack For A Purpose // Small Space. Little Effort. Big Impact. — MAKE YOUR TRAVELS MEANINGFUL. Have a big impact in the communities you visit. Simply use a small amount of space in your luggage to pack supplies needed by community projects around the world.
- Not Just Tourists - Take A Suitcase, Change A Life! — TAKE A SUITCASE, CHANGE A LIFE! Deliver medical supplies to a needy clinic on your vacation. We provide the suitcase, medical supplies and letters.
- Sandals Foundation — The Sandals Foundation seeks to help fulfill the promise of the Caribbean community through investment in sustainable projects in education; environment and community which improve people’s lives and preserve our natural surroundings.
- WoW - TICKET TO TRAVEL — AMA Magna River Cruise Featuring Whiskies of the World Tasting and Education Sessions June 9-16, 2019
- El Tule Oaxacan Cuisine - Home — Matt's latest rocking Mexican food find in San Jose. Ask for the house special!
- Peace Corps - Make the Most of Your World