Family Travel Episode to Coventry, England:
Ever wonder why Lady Godiva rode her horse naked? Coventry is where that story originated and also where we get the expression "Peeping Tom"!
If you visit England please put Coventry on your list. The historical value and beauty of the Cathedral, even it is ruined state, are truly treasures to behold. Bring tissues if you cry easy. Read the plaques! We learned a lot and have a great respect for the people of Coventry and their ability to recognized and start reconciliation prior to the end of WWII. Good lessons!
Castle Coombe Abbey is near to Coventry and offers excellent walking paths that are stroller friendly and has an excellent play ground. Stay in the four star hotel or just enjoy the grounds for the cost of Parking!
The War Memorial Park is another excellent open space with sports fields, paved paths an place of remembrance for WWI and WWII. In the summer it offers a fantastic splash pad for children to cool down. Parking is pay and display.
Ask you travel agent to put you at the Holiday Inn. It is centrally located, has a great breakfast and has dedicated parking.
- Visit Coventry and Warwickshire
- Coventry Cathedral - St Michael - Visit Coventry and Warwickshire
- Coventry's New Cathedral - Visit Coventry and Warwickshire
- Coventry public art: Lady Godiva statue - Coventry Telegraph
- Coombe Abbey Hotel - No Ordinary Hotel in Warwickshire
- War Memorial Park | Coventry City Council